Different systems have different solutions for the big data problem, although often the problem is completely ignored by products for small and medium sized businesses. Enterprise-level products mainly use pagination, load more on scroll or sometimes asynchronous loading. We chose to stick with pagination which is a traditional solution for lists with significant data volume. But in different lists you can choose the mode yourself, whether you need to use pagination to load the data faster or see all your data at once. You might need to avoid such disadvantages of pagination:
- If a list counts totals by columns, the only available data for count will be that of current page;
- You can export the data only from current page;
- Same problem with printing the list.
- Showing all 175,000 records in the list takes around 3 minutes;
- With pagination mode on (with a portion of 1,000 records) showing the list takes less than a second.
After you turn on pagination mode, you can manage it from the panel below.
From this panel you can navigate the pages using the navigation buttons or enter the page number directly in the field (also you can select one from the dropdown). You can change the number of records per page in Page Size field.
As you see, this is pretty simple. It is also really fast. What’s more important, you can use it only when you need it.